Rhian Brewster: Liverpool youngster determined to repay Jurgen Klopp faith by proving himself as first-team option

Rhian Brewster: Liverpool youngster determined to repay Jurgen Klopp faith by proving himself as first-team option
Liverpool youngster Rhian Brewster is eager to repay the faith shown in him by manager Jurgen Klopp by proving himself as an option for the first-team and having a long-term future at Anfield.Brewster, 18, has been out injured with ankle and knee problems for the last 13 months, however, as he is so highly rated, Liverpool gave him his first professional five-year contract last summer.Brewster signed his first professional contract with Liverpool last summer3
Brewster signed his first professional contract with Liverpool last summer
Klopp has already highlighted pre-season with his squad as the point Brewster should focus on, but the Reds boss has kept in close contact with the teenager, reassuring him about his future plans.“It has been a frustrating time, I’ve been out for a long time and I don’t wish that on anyone,” Brewster said, speaking at a Safer Internet Day hosted by the club through their Red Neighbours partnership.“It’s happened and I’m finally back fit and doing what I love and pushing to get back in the team. “To know that the boss really wants me to be in his plans for the future is amazing, especially a boss like him.“They could easily have left me at the academy to do my rehab but they wanted me to do my rehab with them, so I can’t thank them enough.“During this injury I’ve had that, he has been there from beginning to the end and to know he still wants me – even though it’s been so long – gives me a great boost.Brewster says he has had many ‘Klopp hugs’ despite having not featured for the first-team yet3
Brewster says he has had many ‘Klopp hugs’ despite having not featured for the first-team yet
“Every time I see him he gives me a big hug. Not only him, every time I see the players they are asking about how I am, ‘How long?’, they can’t wait for me to be back in training and hopefully make my debut this year, if not next.”Even though he got the reward of a long contract last summer, Brewster will not rest on his laurels.The long lay-off has made him even more determined to return ready to stake his claim for a place alongside Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.“It’s not really comfort because I don’t like the comfort zone,” the 2017 Under-17 World Cup winner said of his contract.Brewster won the Under-17 World Cup with England in 20173
Brewster won the Under-17 World Cup with England in 2017
“I like to work hard for my stuff so the injury and trying to get back fit, working hard, is all I’ve been doing.“I want to prove to everyone that the boss has kept faith in me for a reason and I want to prove to everyone that I’m good enough to be in the first team.“When I’m back, that is what I hope to do. It doesn’t stop, I’ll keep pushing myself.“I’ve got to keep going and hopefully I’m here for longer than five years.”
View this post on Instagram Hopes and Dreams… #TheKopA post shared by RhianBrewster (@rhianbrewster) on
Brewster was attending a Safer Internet Day at Anfield where 500 schoolchildren learned about online safety.The striker admits his social media profile has helped him during the tough rehabilitation period.“I’ve been out for a long time and it’s good to know people are still there and still believing in me and what I can do. Social media, especially Instagram, has helped me a lot,” he said.“I know it sounds crazy but I’m some kids’ idol, so at such a young age I know my what social media imposes on me.“They may not see me in real life so for them to see my social media, that’s maybe the only way they can get close to me so it is really important not just for me but them as well.“The good side is that I have a lot of fans who want to know how I’m doing and my progress but you get some people who are trolls who hate, people who just want to put you down but I laugh at them to be honest.”

Ferdinand and defensive partner Nemanja Vidic - continue to see another image from the defender's illustrious career

Nov 10, 2018 · Copa Libertadores final postponed after heavy rain. The first leg of the Copa Libertadores final between Boca Juniors and River Plate on Saturday was suspended because torrential rain flooded La
Copa Libertadores final: Boca v River first leg postponed

Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano home is hosting this season’s European Cup final

Arsenal will face London rivals Chelsea in the Europa League final in Baku, Azerbaijan Thomas Cook are offering Chelsea fans a day trip to Baku for a staggering £979.00
Arsenal news : Chelsea and Arsenal fans face nightmare 2,850

The Italian shot-stopper could be available this summer

Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has confirmed that he has made a decision on his future, Hazard drops biggest hint yet over Real Madrid move. "I have made my decision but it is not just about
Eden Hazard to Real Madrid: Kevin De Bruyne drops hint over

Bristol City’s players gave a good account of themselves
Liverpool vs Porto: Reds coach Pepijn Lijnders explains why

Mesut Ozil is unlikely to play for Arsenal this weekend

Frank Lampard was spotted out for lunch in Knightsbridge with former Chelsea team-mate and friend Didier Drogba on Tuesday afternoon, as he closes in on the top job at Stamford Bridge.

Spurs didn’t quite get the points Lawro thought, but he got the position right

Premier League Match Report for Cardiff City v Arsenal on September 2, 2018, includes all goals and incidents. Have your say on the game in the comments.
The Latest William Gallas News | SportSpyder

Atlanta United star Miguel Almiron’s wage demands are halting his move to Newcastle
Fulham close in Chelsea defender Gary Cahill after Arsenal

Liverpool’s staff and players celebrate their win over Barcelona at full-time

Dietmar Hamann believes Manchester United are still 'lagging behind' Manchester City and Liverpool, despite their upturn in form under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. The 'Baby-Faced Assassin' has overseen a run of just one defeat from 17 games since taking over from Jose Mourinho in December.
Man Utd can overtake Chelsea and Arsenal for Premier League

Pogba in action against Chelsea on Monday night.

Tables Fixtures Results Competitions Clubs Won against Brighton Lost to Liverpool Lost to Fulham Lost to C Palace Won against Man Utd. 19: Premier League. Most popular. Soccer Live scores
Premier League prize money 2018-19: How much every team

Alli wasn’t at his best but should have won his side a penalty.

VIRGIL VAN DIJK expects Tottenham's English players to be out for revenge on him and Georginio Wijnaldum in Thursday night's Nations League semi-finals clash.
Confirmed Liverpool line-up to face Leicester City - Van Dijk

Marco Silva’s Everton host Arsenal today

World Football. How Spurs could line-up with and without Harry Kane in the Champions League final. How Spurs could line-up with and without Harry Kane in the Champions League final
Would You Rather Harry Kane or Son Heung-Min (손흥민)? Spurs

Maddison celebrates against Huddersfield
Manchester United news: Diogo Dalot delights fans with Jesse

Lukaku looked a lot better against Fulham.
Tottenham news: Spurs must look to kill off Manchester City

Solskjaer has enjoyed a flying start with two wins in two games as caretaker manager

Football fans stunned by shock Sergio Ramos statistic as completes career first Football fans stunned by shock Sergio Ramos statistic as completes career first RED RAM It appears the Spanish
Sergio Ramos 'questions his future' at Real Madrid with Man

No comments:

Post a Comment