Tottenham fan charged with throwing banana skin at Arsenal striker Aubameyang insists: ‘I am NOT racist’

Tottenham fan charged with throwing banana skin at Arsenal striker Aubameyang insists: ‘I am NOT racist’
The Tottenham fan charged with throwing a banana skin at Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has insisted he is not racist.Averof Panteli, a 57-year-old van driver from Norwich, was captured on camera throwing the piece of fruit towards Aubameyang after he had netted the first of two goals in Sunday’s 4-2 win for the Gunners at the Emirates.The Arsenal forward looks into the crowd in disbelief after seeing the banana land close to him3
The Arsenal forward looks into the crowd in disbelief after seeing the banana land close to him
He was arrestedby the police after a steward identified him and was subsequently charged by the Metropolitan Policewith throwing a missile onto a football pitch.Pantelliintends to plead guilty when he appears at Highbury Corner magistrates court on December 18.But, speaking to The Sun, he insisted he threw the banana skin without thinking of the racial implications.He said: “I am not racist whatsoever. I am actually a Greek Cypriot. I am 100 per cent not a racist. I swear on my kids lives that I am not that kind of guy.“I apologise if I have offended anyone from both clubs, especially Tottenham. It was a mad thing I did and I never meant to offend anyone in any way. I never meant anything by it.The lifelong Tottenham fan is no longer welcome at the club3
The lifelong Tottenham fan is no longer welcome at the club
“The Arsenal player was gloating in front of the away fans. He came up towards the away fans about 10m away and he is basically nodding his head and clapping at us.“Without thinking, I picked up this banana skin from the ground and threw it on the edge of the pitch. I didnt throw it at the players. It was just on the edge of the pitch.“I am not condoning what I did and I regret it already.”Pantelli claims he phoned Tottenham to apologise for the incident and was informed byclub officials that he was banned for life.“The police were happy to say it was not racism,” he added.“I phoned Tottenham to apologise and they said they would be getting in touch with me to ban me for life.“I have been friends with black people all my life. I do not have a criminal record and I have never been in trouble with the law in my life.“The only thing I have ever did was run on the pitch at Spurs when I was 14 and I got chucked out of the ground.” The incident has been condemned by football fans, players and pundits up and down the country.Vinnie Jones branded the culprit a ‘moron’ and an ‘idiot’ when he spoke to talkSPORT on Monday.He said:It lets everyone down.We had it with Fash [John Fashanu] a couple of times and I used to say to him, leave it and I would go and deal with it for him and I would go and throw it back.But Christ, are we still in the Stone Ages? Absolutely ridiculous.I mean, the guy should be banned from football for life thats a no-brainer. What a moron, absolute idiot.Aubameyang scored twice against Spurs and referenced the banana throwing incident on Instagram after the match3
Aubameyang scored twice against Spurs and referenced the banana throwing incident on Instagram after the match
Aubameyang took to Instagram after the match and posted a picture of himself next to the banana, with a message: “#whysmandoingthis?”Three other Tottenham fans were also charged over separate incidents during the north London derby.Charlie Watts, 26, and Jason Gannon, 36 were charged with throwing a missile onto a football pitch and have been ordered to attend Highbury Corner magistrates court on December 18.Paul Wright, 41, was charged with a public order offence. He will attend Highbury Corner magistrates court on December 31.

'It felt like a derby again': Tottenham defender Eric Dier


cheap authentic jerseys online 21-05-2019. Discover what's the deal with ingbacks? According to Wikipedia, WP supports automatic pingbacks where all the links in a published article can be pinged when the article is published?we supply cheap nfl jerseys That explains why I get messages about new comments? when posting an edit that cross-references another post of my own.


A man has been charged after allegedly throwing a banana on to the pitch during the north London derby between Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal. Thomas Flint, 23, a carpenter, of Enfield, north London, will appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on 12 April. Mr Flint is charged with throwing a missile on to the playing area.
AC Milan Online v4.0 | The Archive


AC MILAN SHOP: We've got a guide full of information about the best places to shop for AC Milan items online - shirts, jerseys, training tops, jackets etc., with shopping sites ranked based on the quality they offer to an AC Milan fan.
Sports News, 23 Feb 2016 | 15 Minute News - Know the News




'It felt like a derby again': Tottenham defender Eric Dier insists football needs fiery games following full-blooded north London showdown. Tottenham and Arsenal did battle in a fiery north London
Mauricio Pochettino warns Tottenham fans to behave against


The Sun UK - 07 February 2018 код для вставки )


Mauricio Pochettino has warned Tottenham fans to remember their responsibilities as his team prepare for Arsenal less than three weeks after a banana skin was thrown at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
13 Best Arsenal vs Tottenham images | Sports betting, Derby


World No1 struggles to see off fellow German Carina Witthöft 6-2, 6-7 (3-7), 6-2 Venus Williams and Svetlana Kuznetsova also into third round on day two One slightly pained smile
Vivero Imperial - Sicomoro Mexicano


Contents The Blizzard, Issue Four. Introduction 04. 53. Editors Note. How the understated radicalism of Arthur Rowe dened Tottenhams style. Barcelona 09. Graham Hunter, The Inverted Sheepdog. 66. The inside story of how Xavi emerged as the central hub of the worlds greatest team 24. David Winner, Corrida of Uncertainty. 71. Theory 75.
The Sun UK - 07 February 2018


Arsenal vs Swansea live streaming Premier League Online Arsenal vs Swansea live streaming Premier League Online free 3/2/2016 The numbers still allow you dream Arsenal the title o
England News: April 2013


Though Arsenal did have a secret weapon Well, two secret weapons. There was a little concern over how Per Mertesacker might fare against Barcelona's epic front three of Leo Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez. But Arsenal settled into the game well and could have taken the lead through Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The Blizzard Issue Four | Fc Barcelona (58 views)

No comments:

Post a Comment