Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently

Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently
Alvaro Morata has lifted the lid on his Chelsea hell and pleaded with Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently so he never has to return.The Spanish striker is currently on an 18-month loan with Atletico from Stamford Bridge – but his Blues career is surely over in light of these recent comments.Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loangetty2
Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loan
Morata, who struggled for form in west London after arriving for a then-club-record 60million, claims he was not appreciated by the Stamford Bridge faithful, which left him feeling isolated.“I had lost confidence in myself previously. I was very upset by the opinion of the people in England. I think they caught me in the middle of everything,” he told Goal.“I didn’t quite feel loved or appreciated by the club or the fans. I started very well at Chelsea, but an injury in the end leaves you a bit stuck.“As bad as it was, I still scored 15 goals and won the FA Cup… but I was out of the World Cup, and for me that was the hardest thing that could happen to me in my life.“Ive dreamed of being able to play in a World Cup since I was 10 years old, and I chose Chelsea because I thought it would be the best club to later be able to play in the World Cup.“Now, signing for Atletico has been the best thing that could happen to me in my life. “I had a very bad time in London. In the end I was training alone. I talked to Maurizio Sarri and he told me some things that I knew were not going to be as he had said. I was very nervous. My wife was in shock with me.“I already knew that I could sign for Atletico if everything went well, and they had four games previously [before Morata officially signed for them on January 29]. I saw them all at home with my wife and she was amazed! She does not like football very much, and she did not understand how I could get like this, so crazy, watching Atletico games, screeching at home, nervous, when I was not an Atletico player yet.“It’s a story I’d like to tell very slowly in the future. I went from being tied on the same amount of goals as [Mohamed] Salah and [Harry] Kane at the start of the first year, and people made a song about me, I could not even go out in London! And one day I get up with a shooting pain in my back, my level goes down, and they start telling me everything [referring to criticism about him] in England. You are supposed to be respected by fans, but you know…”Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelseagetty2
Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelsea
Things have improved dramatically for Morata since his return to Spain.After struggling for goals under Maurizio Sarri, he bagged six in the second half of the La Liga season for Atletico.His loan spell expires at the end of next season, but the 26-year-old is desperate to spend the rest of his career in Madrid.He added: “I think in the end it was destiny [moving back to Atletico]. I left Atletico, and every so often I had the opportunity to return, although not so often when I was younger. When you have a bad time in a place, you don’t have that chance often [to return].“It motivated me a lot that Simeone called me, no matter the club I was at, and told me that I could be important in Atletico. The people have welcomed me warmly here, even in the difficult situation that it was. The squad and the club staff have changed my life.

LIVE ON talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
  • Portugal vs Switzerland (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • Netherlands vs England (Thursday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • France vs South Korea (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
  • Denmark vs Republic of Ireland (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Croatia vs Wales (Saturday, 2pm) – talkSPORT
  • England vs Scotland (Sunday, 5pm) – talkSPORT
“As I arrive at the training centre, you can see in people’s faces when they trust you. When you are in the dressing room ahead a game, you see how your team-mates look at you.“At Chelsea there came a time when my team-mates, except for the Spaniards, well… you know, it is not the same when you play and you know that you give a pass to someone who is not going to do as well. You do not give the pass in the same way. Everyone who has played football once will understand that.“And in the end, it is a situation that you cannot control: it is neither about being positive or negative, or about trying to have fun or being worried. It’s the confidence that others have in you: your team-mates, the club… And I found it here at Atletico.“I have said it many times: there is a moment in which there are things that surpass fame, money and everything. Thank God, at Atletico I’ve been able to have a bit of all of this, but I would love to be here every year that I’m able to play at the highest level.“I want to stay at Atletico but, contractually, Chelsea can call me back. We will see what happens in the negotiations between them, but the two clubs already know what I want. I only ask, please, as I said to Atletico, do everything possible to do it as soon as possible. Because I just want to be here.”

A petrol bomb exploded in the Ajax end

Chelsea come up against Arsenal in the Europa League final on Wednesday night, a game you can listen talkSPORT - Published 1 day ago: Arsenal transfer news: Lacazette wanted in Spain, plus latest on Zaha and Ajax star Ziyech Arsenal have had a disappointing season, but they have one last chance to make it a slightly better
Arsenal news: Alexandre Lacazette praises Unai Emery for

Liverpool fans at the 2019 Champions League final in Kiev

West Ham are the latest club to be linked with Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic. According to Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport (via Sport Witness), West Ham are considering this addition. Perisic has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs and is reportedly keen to test himself in England.
Arsenal and Tottenham reportedly keen on Inter Milan winger

Martyn Waghorn scored twice for Derby

John Terry: Aston Villa assistant and former Chelsea captain in talks to become new Middlesbrough manager John Terry is in talks with Middlesbrough over becoming their new manager, talkSPORT understands. Terry, the former Chelsea captain, is in the frame to succeed talkSPORT 1 week ago
John Terry - news and rumours on the Aston Villa FC assistant

Werner is a transfer target for both Liverpool and Bayern Munich

Arsenal vs Man United: Piers Morgan is on talkSPORT Drive with Adrian Durham - here's how to listen to Gunners super fan Friday, 25 January 2019 Arsenal take on Manchester United tonight in their FA Cup blockbuster and Gunners super fan Piers Morgan will be joining talkSPORT for the evening.
Arsenal FC: 'Leicester have exposed - listen.talksport.com

Pochettino is keen for Eriksen to sign a new deal

Liverpool news: Alisson produces outrageous save from Virgil van Dijk's shot when back is turned in warm-up to Huddersfield clash by: 161385360554578 — Talk Sport 27 Apr Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson has been one of the signings of the season.
Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk wins BBC Sport player of the year

Scotland face Belgium in their Euro 2020 qualifier tonight

Arsenal and Chelsea are each been allocated just 6,000 tickets for the Europa League final at the 68,700 Olympic Stadium in Baku.
Arsenal and Chelsea given just 6,000 tickets each for Europa

Could Hazard’s time at Chelsea be coming to an end?

Despite seeming set to miss out on automatic promotion, Leeds United have three players in the PFA's Championship Team of the Year. Norwich City and Leeds United dominate this season's
Pukki, Sharp and Abraham top PFA Championship Team of the Year

The Real Madrid man beat Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to the FIFA Player of the Year award

Coverage of the Premier League clash between Arsenal and Manchester United. Man City handed kind starts to 2019-20 Premier League season Popular Teams Manchester United Liverpool Arsenal
Manchester United team vs Man City confirmed

Liverpool fans came so close to seeing their team lift a top-flight title for the first time in 29 years

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha's son, known to fans as "Top", writes: "I plan to commission a statue of my father, for outside King Power Stadium, as a permanent and fitting tribute to the man that made
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha statue: Leicester City to build

The Hammers will be bested only by Manchester United with their new official capacity

Arsenal vs Brighton: Some Gunners fans think Unai Emery has 'given up on top four' with his selection of Stephan Lichtsteiner at right-back Written by: fpnews Posted on: May 5, 2019 Stephen Lichtsteiner starts his first game for Arsenal since February and some fans were less than impressed to see him in the side to play Brighton.
Arsenal vs Brighton: Some Gunners fans think Unai Emery has

McAllister left Leicester for Leeds in 1990

Thibault Courtois has been the only major name to arrive since 2014, while eyebrows were raised when Mariano Diaz was brought back from Lyon to take the famous number seven shirt. Plenty of players have been linked to the famous white jersey, particularly Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Tottenham's Christian Eriksen.
Real Madrid CONFIRM Zinedine Zidane's remarkable return as

Davis celebrates scoring during his successful spell with Rangers earlier in his career.

- The Englishman died on Monday, January 14, at the age of 78 - He played for Watford for eleven years and featured in 457 games for the Hornets. Premier League campaigners Watford have announced the death of their legend Duncan Welbourne who played 457 games for the club before he hanged his boots.
Watford legend Duncan Welbourne has died, aged 78

Cole was part of a super-successful Manchester United team that dominated English football under Sir Alex Ferguson

Mohamed Salah says he is now a fan of VAR after seeing Liverpool benefit from a debateable penalty call in a 2-0 Champions League final win over Tottenham.

Liverpool and Manchester City have 94 and 95 points respectively going into the final day

Zac Efron becomes football's latest villain after supporting Tottenham AND Arsenal . The 31-year-old Hollywood star was at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Spurs' clash againstBrighton.
Tyson Fury next fight: Who will the 'Gypsy King' face after
gistjunction.com/2019/02/27/tyson-fury-next-fight-who-will-the-gypsy-king-face-after-opting-out-of-deontay-wilder-rematch/
Zac Efron wears a Tottenham shirt at new Spurs stadium… but seven years ago he was an Arsenal fan but seven years ago he was an Arsenal fan; lookout for a
Zac Efron becomes football villain after supporting Spurs AND

McKennie in action for Schalke against rivals and Klopp’s former club Dortmund

The UEFA Champions League is a seasonal football competition established in 1955. The UEFA Champions League is open to the league champions of all UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) member associations (except Liechtenstein, which has no league competition), as well as to the clubs finishing from second to fourth position in the strongest leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment